1) Power 92 10K Half contest Starts October 28th, 2013 And Ends November 8th, 2013 11:59pm Central Time.
2) Entrant must be a legal resident of Illinois or Indiana and be at least 18 years of age.
3) How to Enter: Listeners text “10K” to 90206. Entrants will be qualified to take a Half Court Shot for a chance to win $10,000 at ESPN’S THIRD ANNUAL CHAMPIONS CLASSIC at United Center Tuesday November 12th during halftime.
4) (1) entrant will be selected from all eligible entries by a station panel . Grand Prize winner notified by phone on or about Friday November 8th.
5) SCA TERMS & CONDITIONS a. The following classes of people are ineligible to participate: o Current or former professional or semi-professional basketball players or coaches. o Current or former high school or collegiate basketball players or coaches who have played or coached at that level in the past five (5) years (includes Freshmen, Junior Varsity, and Varsity for both men and women). o The total number of Contestants must not exceed: one (1) b. Two contest officials must represent the Sponsor and must certify that the specified event occurred. They must supervise, observe, and conduct the Promotion according to the terms and conditions of this contract. c. Sponsor must secure a completed Exhibit C with signatures for the "Contestant Agreement to Participate" and the "Contest Officials’ Acknowledgment of Terms & Conditions" prior to each Contestant’s attempt. Sponsor must retain one original form for each Contestant and corresponding official(s) for SCA’s review if there is a claim. d. The Contestant will not be permitted any practice, warm-up, or qualifying shots, nor will any one Contestant be selected to participate on more than one occasion. e. The Contestant will attempt to make the shot specified herein using an NCAA regulation men’s basketball (or one of equivalent specifications) through the NCAA regulation basketball hoop of the target goal, which must have been previously designated by the contest officials. The rim of the target hoop must not be less than ten (10) feet above the floor. f. In order to be counted as a successful shot, the basketball must pass completely through the target hoop on the fly, from the point of release from the Contestant’s hand(s), without coming in contact with the ground, any person, or any surface other than the backboard or hoop, and would otherwise constitute a successful shot scoring a goal under NCAA regulations. g. Designated Game at which the attempt will take place: Champions Classic on November 12, 2013. The Contestant will have only one attempt to make the shot. An attempt has occurred when the basketball has been released by the Contestant. h. No part of the Contestant’s body or clothing may come in contact with or cross the demarcation line prior to releasing the ball. i. In order to be counted as a successful shot, the basketball must pass completely through the target hoop on the fly, from the point of release from the Contestant’s hand(s), without coming in contact with the ground, any person, or any surface other than the backboard or hoop, and would otherwise constitute a successful shot scoring a goal under NCAA regulations. j. If (a) the Contestant successfully makes the shot as specified herein, and (b) there is compliance with the terms and conditions of this contract, then SCA will pay Sponsor the prize amount as specified in the Schedule of Available Prizes below, subject to the Maximum Aggregate Liability and verification by SCA. k. Sponsor must visually record each event and all attempts must be recorded on the same recording. Sponsor must provide the recording to SCA, if requested, for claim verification purposes. The visual recording must clearly show (i) the scoreboard prior to each attempt, and (ii) the ball leaving the Contestant’s hand(s), and (iii) the ball in flight, and (iv) the ball passing completely through the hoop, and (v) the distance of the shot. l. If the event is canceled due to a force majeure which prevents the conducting of the event, assuming no attempts to win the prize were initiated and SCA is notified in writing prior to the cancellation, a full refund, less any direct costs to SCA, will be made or this contract may be amended to a rescheduled date without additional charges m. Failure or disregard of any of the above shall relieve SCA of all liability hereunder and no prize will be awarded.
6) In The Event The Contest Is Compromised By Causes Beyond The Reasonable Control Of Power 92, Which Corrupts Or Impairs The Security/Fairness Or Proper Operation Of The Contest, Power 92, SCA or ESPN Reserves The Right In Its Sole Discretion To Suspend, Modify Or Terminate The Contest. Should The Contest Be Terminated Prior To The Stated Expiration Date, Power 92, SCA & ESPN Reserve The Right To Award Prizes Based On The Entries Received Before The Termination Date.
7) Any Tax Liability Is The Responsibility Of The Winner.
8) The Decision Of Power 92, SCA, ESPN (WPWX-FM, WYCA-FM, WSRB-FM) Is Final
9) Eligibility: Employees Of Dontron, Inc, Crawford Broadcasting, WPWX-FM, WYCA-FM, WSRB-FM, WYRB-FM, SCA, ESPN, & Any Of Their Respective Affiliated Companies, Their Franchisees, Subsidiaries And Advertising And Promotional Agencies Involved In This Promotion, Members Of Their Immediate Families (Spouses, Parents, Siblings, Children And Their Spouses, Regardless Of Where They Live) Of Such Employees Or Persons Who Reside In The Same Household Whether Related Or Not, Are Not Eligible To Participate. Entrant must be legal residents of Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties in Illinois and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton, and Porter Counties in Indiana.
10) Power 92 (WPWX-FM), Soul 1063 (WSRB-FM), Rejoice 1023 (WYCA-FM), SCA, & ESPN is Not Responsible For Problems With Telephones Lines Or Equipment, lost incomplete, damaged, illegible, late or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit internet entries.
11) By Participating, Entrants, Winner And Qualifiers Agree To The Use Of Their Name And Or Likenesses For Advertising Purposes Without Compensation, And To Release, Discharge And Hold Harmless Dontron, Inc., Crawford Broadcasting, WPWX-FM, WYCA-FM, WSRB-FM, WYRB-FM, SCA, & ESPN Their Franchisees, Affiliates, Subsidiaries, Prize Suppliers, Employees And Advertising And Promotional Agencies From Any And All Claims Or Damages Arising Out Of Use/Misuse After Acceptance Or Possession Of Prizes Received In This Contest. By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the grand prize winner, the entrant will sign a release and waiver of liability. If the winner does not execute the station’s form of release and waiver within 5 business days of winning the contest, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with the 10 K HALFCOURT SHOT contest rules, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the runner up winner. Once prize is released to the winning entrant, Power 92(WPWX-FM), Soul 1063 (WSRB-FM), Rejoice 1023 (WYCA-FM) SCA, & ESPN assume no responsibility as to how the prize is distributed.
12) Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase necessary.
13) For A Copy Of The “10K HALFCOURT SHOT” Official Rules, Send A Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope To: “10K HALFCOURT SHOT” Rules, 6336 Calumet Ave, Hammond, Indiana, 46324